- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla
- . Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 9 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
I use my beloved pampered chef stone pans and a silpat for my metal pans. For me they are a bakers dream come true.
I have also just added the baking soda directly into the mix. You can try either way. Tell me what you think!!